At Global Tapestry, we believe that all our threads come together to create one big colourful and beautiful tapestry of life. We believe that within our Global Village, we each bring something unique and wonderful to the table which we can all grow and develop from.
Global Tapestry acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of this nation. We acknowledge the traditional custodians - the Boon Wurrung and Bunurong people - of the lands on which we are located and where we conduct our business. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. We are committed to honouring Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land, waters and seas and their rich contribution to society.
We aim to:
- Ethically source textiles from Australia and overseas
- Support and work with seamstresses, artists, communities and small working co-ops within Australia
- Be inclusive of all people; regardless of age, race, love, beliefs, ability, shape or sex
- Periodically provide pro-bono babywearing consultations and discounted, or free, products to peple in need
- Participate in (such as The World's Greatest Shave) and make donations to a range of charitable organisations (see below)
We see Babywearing as a symbol of love and caring, so we think it fitting to allocate a portion of the profits from our Inoshi Baby Carriers to go towards a range of charitable organisations. These charities are based in Australia and overseas, and represent a wide diversity of causes, such as: humanitarian, health, product, arts, animal and environmental.
So far we donate to the following wonderful organisations:
- Australian Breastfeeding Association ~ Inoshi Turquoise
- Birthing Kit Foundation Australia ~ Inoshi Amethyst
- Charity: Water ~ Inoshi Kyanite
- Greenpeace ~ Inoshi Stony Opal
- ICEA Foundation ~ Inoshi Fluorite
- Joy FM ~ Inoshi Sunny Agate
- Kula Project ~ Inoshi Sandy Agate
- LuminAID ~ Inoshi Raspberry Rhodonite
- World Vets ~ Inoshi Onyx
Know of a worthy charitable organisation you'd like to suggest for further Inoshi releases? Get in contact with us and let us know!